Monday, December 19, 2005

Up to You, Dear Friend

The other night my friend was upset over a guy she's had a crush with.
She was so upset that she could hardly enjoy the party and left early.
The next day she assured me that she's okay and that she'll let things just flow as it is.

I felt relieved.
Just don't want u to lose yourself and do silly things. You are the inspiration of many youngsters. Keep that in mind. My SMS to her.

And it's true.
In just over 4 years she has written 2 trilogies, a few novels (one of which has been made into a movie) and many more to come.
In fact, just a few minutes before she got upset, some girl actually came to her asking when is her next novel due to come.

So, why get upset over these things, my friend
(since it's not the first time she got upset for a man).
You have plenty of things to get upset with.
Like, why aren't many youngsters as lucky as you are.
Many of them don't even have the chance to study in school, let alone writing best selling novels.
I know deep in your heart you are a very caring and passionate person.
I've seen you giving writing workshops to high school students in remote areas.
You even went to Aceh beginning of this year after the tsunami tragedy.

So why let these things drag your mood?
When you are actually in a very good position to make changes in this country.
Marvellous changes that can make people happy.
Change the way they look at themselves.
Bring back sunshine to their hearts

It's all up to you, my friend!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home