Tuesday, September 19, 2006

INDONESIAN BEAUTY


Category: Music
Genre: New Age
Artist: Viky Sianipar

My friend Jessica Huwae from Spice magz has been head over heels in love with this album. She can even recite to you her favorite songs and what's in them.

Strangely enough, my first acquaintance with Viky Sianipar was not at a musical show or any other kind of musical gathering, but at a lapo (Batak restaurant) that his family manages. Thanks to my boyfriend who took me there and in a way has been promoting the delicacy of the food there (which he didn't lie).

A few days later I got a chance to attend Kabaret Jo at Viky's studio and happened to hear some songs from this album as we were sitting in the cozy cafe in front of the studio after the show.

It was not until last Sunday that I happened to listen to the entire album at my boyfriend's place and guess what.... Jessica is absolutely right!
This is indeed an Indonesian Beauty. An Indonesian gem meticulously polished by Viky and several talented musicians such as Lea Simanjuntak, Sujiwo Tejo, and others to bring out the genuine beauty of Indonesian music.

I have been listening to this album ever since and the more I listen to it, the more confident I am that Indonesia does have a bright future ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home